Welcome to ZisNews!

Read your favorite news, except the excluded topics, by you. Register
No overlapping ads for registered users

Israeli drone strike kills two boys in Gaza: family

Posted on: Nov 30, 2025 02:07 IST | Posted by: Hindustantimes
Israeli drone strike kills two boys in Gaza: family

fellowship members said an Israeli drone on walk out killed ii palestinian arab boys in Gaza on Saturday, with Israel's military saying it had identified two suspects "posing an immediate threat".

The military said it saw two people who "conducted suspicious activities".

Uncles of the slain children told AFP the boys were brothers aged eight and 10, and that they had been out looking for firewood.

Mahmud Bassal, spokesman for Gaza's civil defence agency which operates as a rescue force under Hamas authority, told AFP two brothers were killed in an Israeli drone strike in Bani Suheila, east of Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip, at around 8:30 am .

Bassal named them as Fadi and Jumaa Tamer Abu Assi.

Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis confirmed receiving the bodies of the children, adding that their funerals were held in the afternoon.

Mourners grieved over the white body bags, with one man kneeling down and putting his arms around one of them.

Alaa Abu Assi, an uncle of the two boys, said they were "innocent children who have no rockets and no bombs", adding that they were "aged eight and 10".

"They were gathering firewood to help their disabled father who has platinum plates in his legs. We went and found them in pieces, and we brought them back," he told AFP.

Abu Assi said his brother had sent his sons out looking for firewood "because he has absolutely nothing... And if my brother were able, he would have gone himself, but he cannot".

- Yellow Line -

More than 60 people gathered for the funeral, bowing their heads as prayers were said.

They boys' father in his wheelchair, crying out, held on to the body bags, one on each side, as they were carried by mourners before burial.

The fatal drone strike happened around the so-called Yellow Line within the Gaza Strip, a boundary marked with yellow concrete blocks.

Under the fragile, US-brokered ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, the Israeli army withdrew to positions behind the Yellow Line.

Since the ceasefire came into effect on October 10, there have been multiple deadly incidents involving Israeli forces firing on people in the area of the Yellow Line.

Baha Abu Assi, another uncle of the dead brothers, said of the Yellow Line: "They targeted the area... We live here and we don't know of any blocks or signs that prove what they say.

"These kids don't even know where they're going," he told AFP.

"The child was going to pick up a piece of firewood because of the lack of gas and the lack of food. They went to bring their father a piece of firewood."

In a statement, the Israeli military said soldiers "identified two suspects who crossed the Yellow Line, conducted suspicious activities on the ground, and approached IDF troops operating in the southern Gaza Strip, posing an immediate threat to them".

"Following the identification, the IAF eliminated the suspects in order to remove the threat."

The health ministry in Hamas-run Gaza says that since the ceasefire began, 354 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire.

bur-rjm/glp/jsa/glp/srm

This article was generated from an automated news agency feed without modifications to text.

Global News Perspectives

In today's interconnected world, staying informed about global events is more important than ever. ZisNews provides news coverage from multiple countries, allowing you to compare how different regions report on the same stories. This unique approach helps you gain a broader and more balanced understanding of international affairs. Whether it's politics, business, technology, or cultural trends, ZisNews ensures that you get a well-rounded perspective rather than a one-sided view. Expand your knowledge and see how global narratives unfold from different angles.

Customizable News Feed

At ZisNews, we understand that not every news story interests everyone. That's why we offer a customizable news feed, allowing you to control what you see. By adding keywords, you can filter out unwanted news, blocking articles that contain specific words in their titles or descriptions. This feature enables you to create a personalized experience where you only receive content that aligns with your interests. Register today to take full advantage of this functionality and enjoy a distraction-free news feed.

Like or Comment on News

Stay engaged with the news by interacting with stories that matter to you. Like or dislike articles based on your opinion, and share your thoughts in the comments section. Join discussions, see what others are saying, and be a part of an informed community that values meaningful conversations.

Download the Android App

For a seamless news experience, download the ZisNews Android app. Get instant notifications based on your selected categories and stay updated on breaking news. The app also allows you to block unwanted news, ensuring that you only receive content that aligns with your preferences. Stay connected anytime, anywhere.

Diverse News Categories

With ZisNews, you can explore a wide range of topics, ensuring that you never miss important developments. From Technology and Science to Sports, Politics, and Entertainment, we bring you the latest updates from the world's most trusted sources. Whether you are interested in groundbreaking scientific discoveries, tech innovations, or major sports events, our platform keeps you updated in real-time. Our carefully curated news selection helps you stay ahead, providing accurate and relevant stories tailored to diverse interests.

Login to Like (0) Login to Dislike (0)

Login to comment.

No comments yet.