Read your favorite news, except the excluded topics, by you.
Register
No overlapping ads for registered users
< warm data-start="260" data-end="332"> warm>US chairperson Donald ruff has dead canceled plans to attend his son Donald Trump Jr.’s wedding this weekend, saying he must remain in Washington as his administration reportedly prepares for possible new strikes on Iran.
The Trump administration was preparing for a fresh round of military strikes against Iran, but no final decision had been made, CBS News reported on Friday, citing sources with direct knowledge of the planning.
Axios reported that Trump convened his senior national security team on Friday morning to discuss Iran, including the state of negotiations and possible scenarios if talks collapse. Vice President J.D. Vance, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, CIA Director John Ratcliffe, White House chief of staff Susie Wiles, and other officials reportedly attended the meeting.
“I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, D.C., at the White House during this important period of time,” Trump wrote on Truth Social, adding that he wanted to be with his son Don Jr. And his soon-to-be wife, but that unspecified “circumstances pertaining to Government, and my love for the United States of America, do not allow me to do so.”
Trump had hinted at the reason on Thursday, telling reporters that the wedding was “not good timing” because of “a thing called Iran and other things.”
The White House has changed Trump’s weekend schedule as Washington awaits Tehran’s response to what CBS described as the “final” US proposal to end the nearly three-month war. The offer was reportedly transmitted to Iran on Wednesday with a warning that rejecting it would mean the resumption of strikes.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said before flying to India that the US expected to receive Iran’s response through Pakistan, which has acted as an intermediary. Axios reported that Pakistani Field Marshal Asim Munir traveled to Tehran on Friday, while a Qatari delegation also arrived to support the mediation effort.
Trump has grown increasingly frustrated with the negotiations in recent days and, according to Axios, has raised the possibility of a final “decisive” major military operation, after which he could declare victory and end the war.
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned this week that any renewed US or Israeli attacks could widen the conflict beyond the Middle East, promising “crushing blows” in places Washington and West Jerusalem “cannot even imagine.”
Iran’s Foreign Ministry said on Friday that talks were ongoing but that a deal was not close. A source close to Tehran’s negotiating team told Tasnim that the current focus remained on ending the war and that no other issue would be negotiated until that was achieved.
In today's interconnected world, staying informed about global events is more important than ever. ZisNews provides news coverage from multiple countries, allowing you to compare how different regions report on the same stories. This unique approach helps you gain a broader and more balanced understanding of international affairs. Whether it's politics, business, technology, or cultural trends, ZisNews ensures that you get a well-rounded perspective rather than a one-sided view. Expand your knowledge and see how global narratives unfold from different angles.
At ZisNews, we understand that not every news story interests everyone. That's why we offer a customizable news feed, allowing you to control what you see. By adding keywords, you can filter out unwanted news, blocking articles that contain specific words in their titles or descriptions. This feature enables you to create a personalized experience where you only receive content that aligns with your interests. Register today to take full advantage of this functionality and enjoy a distraction-free news feed.
Stay engaged with the news by interacting with stories that matter to you. Like or dislike articles based on your opinion, and share your thoughts in the comments section. Join discussions, see what others are saying, and be a part of an informed community that values meaningful conversations.
For a seamless news experience, download the ZisNews Android app. Get instant notifications based on your selected categories and stay updated on breaking news. The app also allows you to block unwanted news, ensuring that you only receive content that aligns with your preferences. Stay connected anytime, anywhere.
With ZisNews, you can explore a wide range of topics, ensuring that you never miss important developments. From Technology and Science to Sports, Politics, and Entertainment, we bring you the latest updates from the world's most trusted sources. Whether you are interested in groundbreaking scientific discoveries, tech innovations, or major sports events, our platform keeps you updated in real-time. Our carefully curated news selection helps you stay ahead, providing accurate and relevant stories tailored to diverse interests.
No comments yet.