PEnguin Random domiciliate bharat (PRHI) has issued a formal elucidation stating that it holds the scoop publishing rights to former regular army chief Manoj Mukund Naravane’s memoir Four Stars of Destiny and that the book has not yet been published, amid controversy over alleged unauthorised copies in circulation.The publisher’s statement comes after the Delhi Police registered an FIR and launched a probe into the alleged illegal circulation of the manuscript in digital and other formats. The case has reportedly been handed to the Special Cell for detailed investigation into a possible leak or breach involving the unpublished work.In a statement issued on Monday, PRHI said it wanted to place its position on record in light of recent public discourse and media reports. It said it is the sole rights holder for the memoir and stressed that no authorised version has been released to the public.“We hold the sole publishing rights for the book Four Stars of Destiny, a memoir by General Manoj Mukund Naravane, former Chief of the Indian Army. We wish to make it clear that the book has not gone into publication,” the publisher said. The company added that no copies, in print or digital form, have been published, distributed, sold, or otherwise made available by the publisher. It warned that any version currently circulating, whether in full or in part, and across formats including print, PDF, or online platforms, would constitute copyright infringement.“Any copies of the book currently in circulation, in whole or in part, whether in print, digital, PDF, or any other format, online or offline, on any platform, constitutes an infringement of PRHI’s copyright and must immediately be ceased,” the statement said. The publisher added that it would exercise legal remedies available under law against unauthorised dissemination.Book becomes political flashpointThe unpublished memoir has become a flashpoint in a political controversy after Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi referred to reported excerpts from it in the Lok Sabha. He attempted to cite portions relating to the Galwan clash and Chinese troop movements, drawing objections from government ministers who said the book had not been officially released. The Speaker disallowed references, leading to disruptions and adjournment of proceedings.The memoir was originally slated for publication in April 2024 following pre-order announcements made in 2023. However, the release was delayed. Listings on Amazon continue to show the title as currently unavailable, with pre-orders cancelled.Naravane had earlier indicated at a literature festival that the manuscript was with the publisher and under review, noting that clearance processes involving the Ministry of Defence were pending.It is standard practice for books by former senior military officials to undergo scrutiny for sensitive operational details. Reports have suggested the memoir discusses issues such as the Agnipath scheme and the Galwan Valley clash.PRHI said its latest statement was being issued specifically to clarify the status of the book and assert its copyright, as the investigation into the alleged leak continues.
Global News Perspectives
In today's interconnected world, staying informed about global events is more important than ever. ZisNews provides news coverage from multiple countries, allowing you to compare how different regions report on the same stories. This unique approach helps you gain a broader and more balanced understanding of international affairs. Whether it's politics, business, technology, or cultural trends, ZisNews ensures that you get a well-rounded perspective rather than a one-sided view. Expand your knowledge and see how global narratives unfold from different angles.
Customizable News Feed
At ZisNews, we understand that not every news story interests everyone. That's why we offer a customizable news feed, allowing you to control what you see. By adding keywords, you can filter out unwanted news, blocking articles that contain specific words in their titles or descriptions. This feature enables you to create a personalized experience where you only receive content that aligns with your interests. Register today to take full advantage of this functionality and enjoy a distraction-free news feed.
Like or Comment on News
Stay engaged with the news by interacting with stories that matter to you. Like or dislike articles based on your opinion, and share your thoughts in the comments section. Join discussions, see what others are saying, and be a part of an informed community that values meaningful conversations.
Download the Android App
For a seamless news experience, download the ZisNews Android app. Get instant notifications based on your selected categories and stay updated on breaking news. The app also allows you to block unwanted news, ensuring that you only receive content that aligns with your preferences. Stay connected anytime, anywhere.
Diverse News Categories
With ZisNews, you can explore a wide range of topics, ensuring that you never miss important developments. From Technology and Science to Sports, Politics, and Entertainment, we bring you the latest updates from the world's most trusted sources. Whether you are interested in groundbreaking scientific discoveries, tech innovations, or major sports events, our platform keeps you updated in real-time. Our carefully curated news selection helps you stay ahead, providing accurate and relevant stories tailored to diverse interests.
No comments yet.