Welcome to ZisNews!

Read your favorite news, except the excluded topics, by you. Register
No overlapping ads for registered users

Have 'bagful of evidence' against Shirsat, says Rohit Pawar on land scam allegation

Posted on: Aug 25, 2025 15:29 IST | Posted by: Hindustantimes
Have 'bagful of evidence' against Shirsat, says Rohit Pawar on land scam allegation
MUmbai, NCP leader Rohit Pawar on mon demanded the surrender of Maharashtra Sanjay Shirsat within 2 years, claiming that he has "a bagful of grounds" regarding the latter's involvement in a land allotment scam in Navi Mumbai worth more than ₹1,000 crore. Pawar reiterated his claim that Shirsat, during his tenure as CIDCO chairman, has allotted land worth more than ₹5,000 crore to a Navi Mumbai family after bypassing legal procedures. There was no immediate reaction from Shirsat, a minister from the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena. However, he had last week asked Pawar to provide proof to back his allegation that irregularities were committed in land allotment when he headed the City and Industrial Development Corporation. Speaking to reporters, Pawar said he has "a bagful of evidence", comprising nearly 12,000 pages, including documents such as the Bivalkar family's 1993 application, four rejection orders by the CIDCO, reports of the Law and Judiciary Department, communications from the Urban Development Department, CIDCO resolutions, and affidavits filed in the Supreme Court. "CIDCO rejected the Bivalkars' claims four times — in 1994, 1995 and in 2010. Yet, Shirsat, while holding office, overruled these rejections and enabled the allotment. This is a scam worth thousands of crores. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had asked us to produce evidence, and today, we have presented it to him. The ball is now in his court," Pawar claimed. He alleged that the Bivalkars had already sold the land worth ₹5,000 crore to builders. The NCP leader also questioned how land could be allotted while the case was pending before the Supreme Court. "This is not only a violation of judicial orders but also a betrayal of public trust. The 61,000 sq metre plot must be frozen immediately, and the 8,000 sq metre plot already allotted to a private individual must be taken back," he demanded. Hitting out at Shirsat, Pawar said, "Such a corrupt minister has no right to remain in office. If the government needs money, let it come to the treasury. Why should land worth crores be given away? We have submitted proof in writing, and if Shirsat is not removed within two days, we will decide our next course of action after Ganesh Chaturthi." Pawar also took a swipe at Deputy CM Eknath Shinde for mocking his allegations. "They say Mahadev should give us wisdom. Mahadev has indeed given us wisdom, and we have used it to expose this corruption," he said. Earlier this month, Pawar claimed the entire episode dates back to the British era, when more than 4,000 acres of land in present-day Navi Mumbai and its surrounding areas were awarded to members of the Bivalkar family by the colonial rulers as a political grant for aiding them against the Maratha empire. This article was generated from an automated news agency feed without modifications to text.

Global News Perspectives

In today's interconnected world, staying informed about global events is more important than ever. ZisNews provides news coverage from multiple countries, allowing you to compare how different regions report on the same stories. This unique approach helps you gain a broader and more balanced understanding of international affairs. Whether it's politics, business, technology, or cultural trends, ZisNews ensures that you get a well-rounded perspective rather than a one-sided view. Expand your knowledge and see how global narratives unfold from different angles.

Customizable News Feed

At ZisNews, we understand that not every news story interests everyone. That's why we offer a customizable news feed, allowing you to control what you see. By adding keywords, you can filter out unwanted news, blocking articles that contain specific words in their titles or descriptions. This feature enables you to create a personalized experience where you only receive content that aligns with your interests. Register today to take full advantage of this functionality and enjoy a distraction-free news feed.

Like or Comment on News

Stay engaged with the news by interacting with stories that matter to you. Like or dislike articles based on your opinion, and share your thoughts in the comments section. Join discussions, see what others are saying, and be a part of an informed community that values meaningful conversations.

Download the Android App

For a seamless news experience, download the ZisNews Android app. Get instant notifications based on your selected categories and stay updated on breaking news. The app also allows you to block unwanted news, ensuring that you only receive content that aligns with your preferences. Stay connected anytime, anywhere.

Diverse News Categories

With ZisNews, you can explore a wide range of topics, ensuring that you never miss important developments. From Technology and Science to Sports, Politics, and Entertainment, we bring you the latest updates from the world's most trusted sources. Whether you are interested in groundbreaking scientific discoveries, tech innovations, or major sports events, our platform keeps you updated in real-time. Our carefully curated news selection helps you stay ahead, providing accurate and relevant stories tailored to diverse interests.

Login to Like (0) Login to Dislike (0)

Login to comment.

No comments yet.